When it comes to dental health, most people focus on maintaining healthy teeth and gums. However, having straight teeth is just as important for both your dental health and your overall appearance.
Here are six reasons why it’s important to get your teeth straightened by an orthodontist:
- Improved appearance: A smile is often the first thing people notice about you. If your teeth are crooked, crowded, or misaligned, it can affect your overall appearance and self-confidence. By getting your teeth straightened, you can improve your smile and boost your confidence.
- Look younger: When you straighten your teeth and broaden your smile, it can tighten the skin around your mouth and lift it upwards making you look younger and more youthful.
- Better dental health: Crooked or crowded teeth can make it difficult to brush and floss effectively, leading to tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems. By straightening your teeth, you can improve your dental health and reduce the risk of developing these issues.
- Better overall health: Dental problems, such as gum disease, have been linked to other health problems, such as heart disease and diabetes. By maintaining good dental health, you can help protect your overall health.
- Improved speech: Crooked teeth can affect your speech and pronunciation, making it difficult to communicate clearly. By straightening your teeth, you can improve your speech and communication skills.
- Better digestion: Properly aligned teeth and jaws can help you chew food more effectively, leading to better digestion and overall health. Furthermore, having properly aligned teeth reduces the chance of jaw problems. This helps to keep your jaw in good condition until you are old.
Studies have shown that people with good smiles are more likely to be remembered by others than those with bad smiles. A study by Kelton Research found that people with straight teeth were perceived as more successful, smarter, and happier than those with crooked teeth. Another study found that people with straight teeth were more likely to get hired for a job and receive a higher salary.
If any of these resonate with you, don’t wait to give our office a call! We will get you sorted out and you will leave much more confident in your new smile! We offer adult orthodontics at All Kids Dental Pediatrics and Orthodontics in Glenwood Springs, Eagle and Rifle, Colorado. We invite you to call 970-928-9500 to schedule your orthodontic consultation to create the smile you desire!