Fluoride treatment is a key component of pediatric dentistry that helps strengthen and protect children’s developing teeth. By applying fluoride topically, our pediatric dentists and team can provide an extra layer of defense against tooth decay.
- The Power of Fluoride: Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that helps strengthen tooth enamel. This makes it more resistant to acids from bacteria and sugars in the mouth. It also aids in remineralization, the process of repairing early-stage tooth decay.
- Early Intervention: Pediatric fluoride treatment is particularly beneficial during the formative years when primary (baby) teeth are erupting and developing. Applying fluoride directly to the tooth surface helps fortify enamel, protecting it from decay-causing bacteria.
- Customized Approach: Allen and our associates assess each child’s individual risk of tooth decay and tailor the fluoride treatment accordingly. Factors such as age, oral hygiene practices, diet and overall oral health are considered to determine the optimal fluoride regimen for each child.
- Safe and Effective Application: Fluoride can be applied in various forms, including gels, varnishes, foams, or rinses. These are typically applied by our team during routine check-ups or as recommended based on the child’s needs. The application process is quick, painless, and safe.
- Long-Term Protection: Pediatric fluoride treatment provides long-term benefits by strengthening tooth enamel, reducing the risk of cavities, and promoting better oral health. It complements regular brushing, flossing and a balanced diet to create a strong foundation for a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Give All Kids Dental Pediatrics and Orthodontics a call at 970-928-9500 to schedule a visit with our team and learn more about pediatric fluoride treatment in Glenwood Springs, Rifle and Eagle, Colorado.