Orthodontic treatment can be a transformative experience for both children and adults, correcting misaligned teeth and enhancing oral health. If you are considering orthodontic treatment for the first time in Glenwood Springs, Rifle, Eagle and Aspen, Colorado, here is what you can expect at All Kids Dental Pediatrics and Orthodontics.
- Initial Evaluation: Around the age of 7, it is recommended for children to have their first orthodontic evaluation. Our orthodontists will assess your child’s dental development, bite alignment, and identify any potential orthodontic issues that may require treatment in the future.
- Timely Intervention: Some orthodontic problems are easier to address during childhood when the jaw is still growing. Early orthodontic treatment, known as Phase I treatment, may be recommended to guide the growth of the jaw, correct bite issues, and create space for permanent teeth.
- Phase II Treatment: If Phase I treatment is required, Phase II treatment usually follows once all permanent teeth have erupted. This phase focuses on aligning the teeth using braces or other orthodontic appliances to achieve a stable and harmonious bite.
- Comprehensive Examination: Adults seeking orthodontic treatment will undergo a thorough examination, including dental and medical history, X-rays, and impressions of the teeth. This assessment helps Dr. Johnson and our associates to determine the most suitable treatment plan.
- Treatment Options: Adults have various treatment options, including traditional braces, clear braces, or Invisalign® clear aligners. We will discuss the pros and cons of each option and recommend the most appropriate treatment based on individual needs, lifestyle, and treatment goals.
- Duration of Treatment: Treatment time varies from patient to patient, but you can expect it to last anywhere from months to over a year. Regular visits to our office for adjustments and progress monitoring are essential during this time.
Regardless of age, orthodontic treatment can yield remarkable results, improving both the aesthetics and functionality of the smile. Ready to begin? Call 970-928-9500 and schedule a consultation.