Early orthodontic treatment, also known as interceptive or Phase I treatment, is an important step in ensuring proper dental development and setting the foundation for a healthy smile. We are happy to offer this service for your child here at All Kids Dental Pediatrics and Orthodontics!
Benefits of Early Orthodontics:
- Early Evaluation: Around the age of 7, children should undergo an orthodontic evaluation. This allows our orthodontists to identify potential orthodontic issues, such as crowding, misalignment, or bite problems, and determine if early intervention is necessary.
- Optimal Timing: Early treatment takes advantage of the child’s growth and development. Certain orthodontic problems are easier to correct when addressed early, as the jaw is still growing and the teeth are more responsive to guidance.
- Bite Correction: Phase I treatment focuses on correcting bite issues, aligning the jaws, and creating a harmonious relationship between the upper and lower teeth. This can help prevent more severe problems in the future and improve overall oral function.
- Space Management: Early orthodontic treatment can address overcrowding and create sufficient space for the permanent teeth to erupt properly. This can minimize the need for tooth extraction and facilitate the alignment of the permanent dentition.
- Simplified Phase II Treatment: By addressing certain orthodontic concerns during Phase I treatment, the subsequent Phase II treatment, which typically involves braces or aligners, can be simpler and more efficient. This leads to shorter treatment duration and potentially less invasive procedures.
Have a young child that may need early orthodontics? Consult with Dr. Johnson and our associates to determine if early intervention is necessary to guide their dental development and ensure a healthy, beautiful smile. Call 970-928-9500 if you have any questions about early orthodontic treatment in Glenwood Springs, Rifle, Eagle and Aspen, Colorado.