Are you suffering from irregular alignment with your teeth? If so, it is probably a malocclusion. Orthodontic alignments are often required for many types of malocclusions. Here are some things you should know about the various kinds of malocclusions:
– Transposition malocclusions affect teeth beneath the gum line, resulting in teeth erupting in the wrong places.
– Underbites, also called bulldog teeth, take place when the bottom row of teeth juts out past the upper row.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or bulldog teeth, happen when the upper row of teeth juts out past the bottom row.
– Deep bites act as severe versions of overbites.
– Rotation malocclusions transpire when teeth are shifted out of alignment.
– Spacing malocclusions ensue in the form of abnormal gaps and voids between teeth.
— Misplaced midlines are the result of the center your upper teeth not connecting with the center of your lower teeth.
– Crossbites come to pass when each jawbone fails to line up correctly.
If you would like to schedule an orthodontic treatment with Dr. Casey Johnson and the rest of our team at All Kids Dental Pediatrics & Orthodontics, simply call our orthodontic office at 970-928-9500 for an appointment in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. We can help enhance your oral health care today!