Are you suffering from irregular alignment with your teeth? If so, it is probably a malocclusion. Orthodontic alignments are often required for many types of malocclusions. Here are some things you should know about the various kinds of malocclusions:
– Transposition malocclusions affect teeth beneath the gum line, resulting in teeth erupting in the wrong places.
– Underbites, also called bulldog teeth, take place when the bottom row of teeth juts out past the upper row.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or bulldog teeth, happen when the upper row of teeth juts out past the bottom row.
– Deep bites act as severe versions of overbites.
– Rotation malocclusions transpire when teeth are shifted out of alignment.
– Spacing malocclusions ensue in the form of abnormal gaps and voids between teeth.
— Misplaced midlines are the result of the center your upper teeth not connecting with the center of your lower teeth.
– Crossbites come to pass when each jawbone fails to line up correctly.
If you would like to schedule an orthodontic treatment with Dr. Casey W. Johnson, Matthew J. Burt, & Paul H. Allen and the rest of our team at All Kids Dental Pediatrics & Orthodontics, simply call our orthodontic office at 970-928-9500 for an appointment in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. We can help enhance your oral health care today!